Tuesday 15 December 2009

Some things change, some things stay the same

Well I can't believe it's been almost a year since I blogged. Thanks to Lizzy for the nudge.

2009 has been quite a year it has to be said. Whilst much has stayed the same (domestic arrangements, employ, Palace still bouncing around the middle reaches of the Championship with impending financial doom seemingly just around the corner), much has also changed.

For a start I'm most likely penning this blog on my iPhone rather than sat at my desk and you've most likely discovered it on Twitter.

I've also transformed myself from Lager Lout to Lycra Lout and shed huge amounts of lard along the way. If I was looking for one image to sum up my year, it would almost certainly be bike shaped.

Professionally, it's been tough and it's fair to say I've done little to propel myself up the UK's rich list this year. Still, we keep being told we're in the worst financial melt-down since the 1930s, so there's little point dwelling on the negatives. 2010 will be much better. It's already shaping up to be so and at the moment, I'm not prepared to entertain the fact that I might be wrong.

Finally, to tell you of a challenge. Later today I will be sending off my application form to take on a London - Paris cycle ride in May 2010, in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care. 374Km through Southern England and down through France, over just three days.

Not many of us can say we don't know somebody who has been struck down by this killer disease and Marie Curie do a fantastic job to make the lives of sufferers that much more tolerable and dignified. I will be proud to raise money for them in 2010.

You'll be able to chart my training progress here and of course have the opportunity to dig deep to provide sponsorship.

That's it for now, until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment