Friday 18 December 2009

I'm dreaming of a grey Christmas

So today I woke up with a nice dusting of festive snow on the ground. Twice within a year - so much for Global Warming.

Maybe I'm just a cynical old git, but it's many years since I gained any pleasure from snow. It's cold, it makes journeys impossible and it makes you fall over. It also means getting out on my bike is impossible (or impossibly stupid - I did actually see one lunatic cycling down the pavement).

And today, it also made me gently glide into another car as I attempted to brake on a bend in our road. It wasn't even an impressive smash. Just enough damage to cost me my £250 excess and knock 20% off my no claims bonus.

Deep joy.

Ironically I wasn't even working today but had been drafted in at the last minute to take James to the Doctors for his swine flu jab. When James shouted at the top of his voice in the surgery "We hate crashing, it's bollocks!", I wanted the ground to swallow me up. And it wasn't even 9.30am yet.

So here's to a grey asphalt coloured Christmas. Let's leave the snow to countries that know how to deal with it. Those of you who want to, can search it out on your annual skiing holidays.

Bah humbug :(

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogdom... now I just need to get mine going again... Jan 1st... hmmm...

    Sounds like a fine old day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogdom can be a lonely place. But now I've worked out until yesterday, non blog-spot members couldn't leave comments...

    ReplyDelete