Saturday 13 March 2010

Time to get serious

It's been a while since I checked in and already a quarter of the year is gone. Highlights so far have been a couple of great gigs I've been to, seeing both Hot Chip and the XX in the past few weeks. I've got a real taste for music at the moment with more gigs and festivals lined up for the coming months. Happy times!

I've also been busy pestering anybody who will listen for sponsorship for my upcoming cycle ride to Paris for Marie Curie. The fantastic news is that I've already reached my target of £1300, so thank you to everyone who has chipped in. You'll see the odd Facebook and Twitter post over the next couple of months, but if you've managed to escape a personal email / Facebook message /BBS PM /Twitter DM then the good news for you is, you got away with it!

Still, at least now I've hit my target, you can be assured that any money you chip in now will all go 100% to the charity. I know some people have made a few sly digs about having to pay for my weekend break away :)

Now, all the money has been raised, I now need to switch my focus to actually being able to cover the distance in May!

The absolutely disgusting winter we've had has certainly cut my training back. As soon as the snow and ice disappeared, it seemed to rain non-stop for a month. Then when the sun finally came out, the temperatures dropped again. I took a spin round Richmond Park last Sunday in biting cold conditions with a headwind ripping in to me seemingly all the way.

My first proper training event is now booked. A 65km ramble through the hilly Kent countryside, starting at Hildenborough on the 28th March. I'm hoping to get another two proper organised rides in after this before I head off to Paris.

So once again, thanks for everyone who has sponsored me so far. Others can get involved at http://original.justgiving.com/kevintuk

Word out motherlickers

No comments:

Post a Comment